Stroke of 2011

They say that what you do on New Year's effects what you do for the rest of the year?

If that is indeed true, then 2011 is the year to get high and glamourous. Or is it?

Here's how my new years eve went.

8.00pm
My folks just left the house for my cousin's engagement ceremony. I'm left at home all alone.

8.30pm
Doing laundry. Hang my clothes to dry. I'm determined to go to sleep by 10pm.

9.00pm
*ting ting*sms-alert. 'Ok confirm. See you at 12.30'


Damn. I was half hoping that this booking will not follow through cos I really hate to go out on NYE. Crowds. Bustling. No thank you. But the text message from Adrian confirmed that we're on.

Adrian is a Hong-Kee (is that what they're called? Or is it Hong Kong-er?). He has made a short-noticed enquiry to book me, guess what... for his bisexual Spanish girlfriend! Awww... ain't that sweet?

So how can I refuse such an enticing offer, right? To stroke another woman's pussy at the stroke of 2011... ménage à trois... Awesome!!!

The plan was to meet them at the club where they'll be at, and then later head back to the room.

CLUBBB??? But but... I've never been to a club.

Seriously. It's a rather embarassing confession but I'm just 'innocent' like that.

Hence, my first virgin experience of 2011.










Being above everyone else... on the 71st floor at that, is definitely a feel-good way to kick off the year. 'You'll never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high', right?

But my initial reaction was - I thought I had died and sent to HELL.

I've never been a party animal, never will be and after last night, I'm convinced that is NOT my scene. The following details might make me look super suaku (pronounced 'soo-ah-koo'. Means 'mountain turtle' in Hokkien dialect. A slang for a generally uncool, unworldly person who is ignorant about some topic or another) but I have to write these thoughts down so that I can laugh at it on New Year 2012.

I have never felt more out of place. While I was there, more observing than participating, I wonder how people could actually enjoy being in an overcrowded, hot place where you can't even hear yourself talk, whatmore have a conversation. I don't understand the logic of clubbing.

I get the music part. Loud thumping music. You drink your champagne till you're tipsy. Let your hair down. Break loose. You dance and rub bodies with other strangers which somehow being in a dark, noisy place  makes it permissible (and I'M the slut??). And the place was so dark, I swear, I wouldn't even know if that was Eduardo Saverin standing next to me.

A couple of peeps were snogging in a corner. I guess that is common?

Adrian told me to ask for champagne as its the most expensive. As I don't drink, I figured I might get a weird stare if I asked for Coke so I just kept the coupon as a souvenir.

I saw two to three girls being carried out because they were dead drunk. Again - tell me how is that a way of celebration or enjoyment? *shakes head* I don't understand.

And this is not a place of teenagers or adolescence. ALL the people there should be around their 30s and above. A more affluent crowd, I'ld say.

Luckily, in the end, the ménage à trois didn't fall through and I was compensated for coming all the way. I wasn't at all mad or anything, infact rather pleased that I got to see this side of the human race which all this while, I have been sheltered from.

I did enjoy the music though. And loved the laser works till I can't seem to stop taking pictures of 'em.

I don't mind coming back here to be wined and dined. But to club, I think I'll pass.

Till then, Happy New Year guys and thanks for all your messages! ;)

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment