Stairway to Heaven?

Received a last minute call from Pattzy which I was more than happy to entertain. Luckily I was in the midst of getting ready to go out. No idea where I wanted to go but I just had to get out of the house cos the atmosphere was just depressing. That was when my secret phone beeped and it was a text message from Pattzy. *Yippeee* Purrrfect timing!!! I promised him to be there by 9pm.

But this time round, the fun was more of the mad dash to primp myself up before meeting Pattz.

7.45pm Left my flat. Dialled the STRIP hotline to book an appointment for a Brazillian wax. Luckily they had a slot available at one the joints along Orchard at 8pm. Five minutes later I got a cab and he raced to my destination. As much as I was in a hurry, I also wanted to arrive in one piece. It was the first time that I had a taxi driver driving at 120km/h on Singapore street. Serious. It was almost terrifying when he slided inbetween cars and motorcycles on a congested Friday night traffic.

8.05pm Thanks to the F1 taxi driver, I reached my destination in a record time of 15min! After a frantic search for the new STRIP outlet at this relatively new mall, I was 15mins late for my waxing appt, and was unfortunate enough to get an overly friendly therapist as we chatted about mooncakes as she pruned my bush. I kept glancing at my watch yet she didnt seem to take the hint. Reason I was such in a hurry was cos I still had to get my hair done and to grab a new top from Dorothy (Perkins). Which means I'll have to sprint along the Orchard strip for the different pit stops.

8.45pm Waxing. Checked. Now which salon in this area would still be open? Most of the shops in the mall were already closed when I saw a salon that was just about to wrap up. I approached them and semi-begged them for a quick wash & blow. It was a rather posh/ high-end salon but I'ld rather pay a bit more than meet a client with oily, flat hair. So as I sat in the uber posh salon with really nice dim lighting and classy ambience and mirrors all around, the stylist helped me put on a gold colour silk robe to protect my clothes.

A robe? Phoah. That's a first. I think the robe was more expensive that the top I had on which I got at the MNG sale. Fuck. I wonder how much the bill is gonna be. But after about half and hour, the result of the wash & blow was only so-so, cos I've gotten better results (tip: 'The Scene' at L3 Wisma Atria does a mean, fantastic wash & blow) for the same price. Luckily it didn't cost me more than 50 bucks.

9.30pm As I ran along Orchard Rd, I text Pattz saying I'll be there by 10 :P When I got to the Dorothy store (thank goodness its still open), I grabbed the top that I've set my mind on and was out of the store in less than 5 minutes. Ran to the 'ladies' to change and 'morph'... touched up my make up and worked on the smoky-eye effect while in one hand I dialled for a cab. As expected, when I got to the taxi stand, the queue snaked about  a few metres long but my cab was prettily waiting for me. *Sweeeettt* I hate to queue.

10pm Voila! In time for my late appt. The stairway to his apartment welcomed me once again and I walked pass the pool and whispered... I'm back ;)

Stairway to Heaven 
p/s: When I grow up, I wanna stay in a place like this. Wait...... I am grown up :P Maybe when I'm olderrrr. *Never say never*
... Ouh, and what happened with Pattz?.. The usual. Heavennnn....

Previously with Pattz: My 'British Open'

0 comments:

Post a Comment