Papal Quiz - The answers!


For those of you enthralled by the challenge I set you with my recent 'fake or real' Papal visit souvenirs, here are the answers :
  • Money Box :  Real - available by mail order in the States!
  • Benedict-a-phone - I loved this one. Shame it's a fake.
  • USB Stick : Real. Honest.
  • Chef's Apron : Almost real - I changed the picture, but you can buy a Pope apron with the official visit logo on it.
  • Pope's Wine : Real - apart from the miracle bit of course. It's a genuine Californian winery.
  • Pope on a Rope : Real.
  • Papal Visits for Dummies : Fake - although there is a Roman Catholicism for Dummies so I only had to photoshop a bit of the title.
  • Talking Key Ring : Almost real. It doesn't talk but you really can get 'the power of the Pope in your pocket.'
  • Naked Pope Pen : OK - it's a complete fake!
  • 3 Hail Marys Cocktail Shaker : Realish - the Pope Benedict cocktail shaker is real but I made the rest up!
  • I Love the Pope Knickers : 100% genuine.
  • Benedict Condoms : Also 100% genuine. On the other side of the packet to "I said NO!" is printed "But we say YES"
  • Pope's Special Ale : Real - but I doctored the picture on  the beermat
  • Pope Candles : 100% genuine
  • Flashing Pope Cigarette Dispenser : What do you think? Of course it's a fake - but wouldn't it be great if it was real?
And the one that got away is pictured above. It's a board game called "Conclave - How men become Pope" and it's available via mail order from the official Vatican gift shop.

The prices are of course complete bollocks, but I'm sure the Vatican would charge this much for similar tacky tourist trash if they thought they could get away with it. Just look at the prices of their tour T-shirts!
 
So how many did you get right?...

0 comments:

Post a Comment